Fresh colors, colorful and comfortable furnishing defines cottage home design. If you are planning to build a new house or renovating your house, you can give a try to the cottage home design and décor. It will give your house a new feel and aesthetic appeal. In this blog, we will be highlighting the key factors that you need to consider while going ahead with cottage home design.
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This just means that if you choose to make a purchase, I may receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you. Thanks for reading and supporting – any commission made is put towards keping Life of Creed up and running. Read full disclosure policy here.
Things To Consider While You Choose Cottage Home Designs:
1. Steep Rooflines: You can find steep rooflines in most of the cottage homes. It creates a pleasing and dramatic effect. Cottage homes also come with dormers which the homeowners convert into art studios or gym or a lounge.
2. Arched Doorways: Most of the cottage home design come with the arched doorway, which gives warm and embracing appeal to the house. You can embellish it with creepers and flowers which give it a vintage appeal. Along with it, you can install some traditional furniture in your rooms to design your home in a conventional way.
3. Cool Porches: If you notice cottage house designs in Australia, then you can find porches in most of the cottage homes. It’s a great space that you have in the house which you can convert into a sitting area where you can sit back and relax after a long day.
4. A Mix Of Modernity And Vintage Look:
If you look at the modern cottage house plans and designs, then you would notice that it offers a blend of the old and new look. The modern cottage house design comes with an open floor plan, extra storage space, and it also has a blend of vintage look like dormers, porches, pitched roof, brick, and stone, etc. All this makes the house look more appealing.
The above-mentioned tips will be helpful in designing the cottage house. However, if you are planning to renovate your house and give it a cottage house appeal then you can do some additions to your place and make it look the same as cottage house.
Tips To Follow To Design Your Home In Cottage Style
1. Experiment With The Interiors:
While reconstructing the house completely new can be tough and expensive, but you can still give your house a breath of fresh air and cottage house design, by experimenting with the interiors. Begin with colors, and you can add pastels and neutral shades to your room. In this regard, you can use some natural colors like blue, green, yellow and corals in your rooms.
2. Add New Furniture: Furniture in the house plays a key role in enhancing the look of the place. If you are planning to give your room a cottage home design, then you can add wood, wrought iron furniture. These will instantly amp up the look of your place and give it a new look.
Even the smallest piece of furniture and furnishing in the house plays the role of enhancing the look of the house and embody the kind of style you want. For example, if you are looking for a cottage home design, then you must use floral prints. You can change the upholstery of your exiting furniture to change the theme of your home.
In case you are unsure about any of these, or how to go ahead with cottage home design, you can always hire the services of an interior designer. They will study the current structure of your house and based on it, suggest the new additions. You can search such designers online who are specialized in this style and they can give you some templates to choose the best design for your dream home.
About the Author
Anna Wrench is a knowledgeable and qualified blogger. Here you can see her skills which give you brief ideas on understanding all the concepts with different themes. Anna adores writing a blog on many topics, like Home Improvement, Automotive, Business, Health, Lifestyle, Entertainment, Pet, etc. Click here to read more articles written by Anna.
If you found this post useful, please Pin It!
Hi, before you go…
Don’t forget to join our Private Facebook page. The page is created to share your work, pitch your services and learn from one another.
If you enjoyed the blog we would like to have you join our email list and receive the weekly email of the latest blog post, tips, and exclusive content, you can join now!