According to Murphy’s Law, “Everything that can go wrong will go wrong.” The Road Traffic Act of 1988 requires all motorists to be insured against any potential liability to others. Getting car insurance is a legal prerequisite, and if you get the right kind of car insurance, you will get ample financial cover in case of any mishap. For example, if you get into an accident and damage your car, you will not need to worry about the expenses of fixing up your car.
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This just means that if you choose to make a purchase, I may receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you. Thanks for reading and supporting – any commission made is put towards keeping Life of Creed up and running. Read full disclosure policy here.
Car insurance may also provide cover for the injuries that may be caused to the other drivers, properties damaged, and pedestrians. Accidents happen all the time, and merely hoping you will not get into one is a wildly dangerous gamble. Here in this article, we will tell you about some reasons why you absolutely need to get car insurance as soon as possible to avoid upsetting your budget or any other similar issue.
The following are some reasons why you need to get car insurance as soon as possible:
1. One of the most important reasons why you need to get car insurance is the legal requirements. Car insurance is aimed at providing financial cover in case of an accident or damage to your car. A significant majority of the states require insurance for your car in case of any damage or accident. Not having insurance may bring along punitive actions against you. The exact legal actions may differ from state to state, but the general legal actions may include cancellation of your driver’s license, fines, and voiding car registration.
2. The car insurance may also come into play in case of any theft. If you live in an area where car theft is common, you can sleep peacefully at night, knowing that even if your car is stolen, your insurance is going to cover for it. There may be some terms and conditions, but car insurance may prove to be incredibly helpful in any such case. To make sure that you have ample financial cover in case of theft, getting car insurance is of monumental importance.
3. In case of any damage to your car, you will need to pay for fixing your car from your own pocket if you do not have car insurance. The car repairs are not cheap at all. You may have to spend hundreds or even thousands of dollars to get your car fixed. However, if you have car insurance, the expense of fixing your car will not be on a list of your worries. You can simply call in your insurance to pay for the damages.
4. Unfortunately, you met with an accident. In this situation here, your car insurance may also help you in paying the medical bills of the injured party. The medical bills in any such case may amount to hefty amounts. Such unexpected expenses may take a toll on your budget and upset it greatly. To avoid any such snafu, you need to get car insurance so that you can deal with any such issue without any worry. Car insurance in this context may also save you from potential lawsuits and other similar sources of a nuisance.
5. Getting insurance for your car is also highly recommended by many financial planners and advisors. You will need to pay a small amount of money every month to get financial cover in case of any mishap. In the absence of any car insurance, you will be required to pay for all the damages out of your own pocket. At that time, you may not have enough wiggle room in your budget to bear these expenses. Under these circumstances, major problems may present themselves.
6. In many cases, a lender or leasing agent may require car insurance. This insurance may be required in the form of comprehensive coverage and/or collision coverage. It is because the lender or the leasing agent is the designated lienholder of your car as you are making your payments; these types of coverages may help in the protection of their investments. These coverages may help in bearing the expenses of repairing or fixing your car in case of any event of an accident or breakdown of the car.
Now that you know about the different reasons for getting car insurance, you can make better decisions in this regard. Getting car insurance means that you can kiss all your worries of expenses in case of an accident or breakdown away. You can get this satisfaction at a nominal monthly price. So, what are you waiting for? Get a car insurance today and rest assured that your insurance will pay for any damages done to or others in case of an accident or unfortunate event.
About the Author