Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. Thanks for reading & supporting Life of Creed Blog! Read full disclosure policy here.
You’re probably looking forward to your old school’s annual homecoming ceremony. It gives you the opportunity to catch up with former teachers and friends. After all, you are seeing them after a very long time. You may want to know how they are progressing in life. It can even bring back of flood of pleasant memories. The icing on the cake when you hit the dance floor with your favorite partner. It’s an event which you’ll cherish for a long time to comes. However, you may be facing a very serious dilemma. Deciding what dress to buy for the occasion can turn out to a daunting task. Choosing the right one can take most of your time and energy.
How to choose the right homecoming dress?
You got to remember an important fact. Homecoming isn’t like an end of the school’s prom.It’s an informal ceremony with an entirely different set of traditions. So,you can relax and let your hair down for a moment. You need to keep this aspect in mind when buying for a suitable dress online. It’ll ensure you won’t end up making a big hole in your pocket. This is the last thing you want to do.However, you’re obviously looking for an outfit which will you stand out in the crowd. Above all, you should consider the followingeight important tips when you’re browsing the internet:
- Be aware of the dress code of old school for such occasionis obviously the first thing you need to do. You want to end up breaking the rules. Every school in the United States has its own set dress code for such occasions. The officials of such educational establishments expect their former students to follow such instructions. Some of these regulations may be more formal than others. For instance, girls may have to wear a dress of a certain length and even cover their shoulders. Only then can participate in the dances. You’ve got to be aware of the dress code of your former school. This can help narrow down your options.
- Get the relevant information from a former friend could ask a former friend or relative for such information. They may have previously participated in such events. They give all the details you need about the dress code of your former school. You can get to know what they and others in thealumni worn for the occasion. Taking such a step can go a long way in helping you decide. However, there been a tendency among many individuals to wear long dresses for such events. This is a fact which you can’t afford to overlook any costs.
- Choose a color which compliments your skin tone should consider dresscolors which compliment your skin tone. This can ensure you are the center of attraction during the event. If you have a warm tone, you can opt for shades like red, coral or gold. On the other hand, it is cool; you should stick to colors like blue, purple, green or silver.
- Choosing the right retail store you want to save money, you can search the internet for suitable homecoming dresses. You find many online retailers dealing in such products. One of the is Dillard’s. This establishment is well-known throughout America. The number of brick and mortar outlets this organization has in the country can astonish you. Industry experts estimate the number to be as many as 330. You also come across a number of sites offering Dillards coupons for homecoming dresses on the net. If you click on any of these links, you arrive at the main website. Here, you can get many attractive deals. In fact, you can save as much as 70% of the original prices of such products. This is one important fact which you can’t afford to overlook.
- Select a dress which your friends or prospective date may be wearing may opt to go to the old school’s homecoming ceremony with a group of friends. They may have been very close to you during your tenure in this establishment. If this is the case, you can ask them what they’ll be wearing. You can easily buy an outfit which closely resembles their dresses.On the other hand, a former male student may request you to accompany him as a date. In this case, you can opt to get a dress which matches the suit he is wearing. He’ll appreciate you for your efforts.
- Is a sheath dress worthwhile? may not have any inhibitions about showing off your unique figure on such occasions. In such a case, you can opt for a sheath dress of suitable length. Such outfits are generally close-fitting without extremely tight. You can easily buy one which suits your needs. It may just turn out to be the envy of the other female participants.
- You can’t go wrong with A-line dress are a person who loves to participate in sporting events in your school days. As such you probably have broad shoulders. An A-line dress with wide shoulder straps can complement your figure. Such an outfit can make your shoulder look proportionate the rest of your body. This is a fact which you should seriously consider.
- Choose an empire-dress if you are planning to wear high-heel shoes you are of short stature, you can’t go wrong with a suitable empire-dress. This outfits can make you look taller than you actually height. You can even mix and match it with any of your high-heel shoes.
Your old school’s homecoming ceremony is an occasion you eagerly await. It offers you the opportunity to catch up with your former classmates and teachers. You’ll probably recall the fun time you had with them during your tenure. This is why you want a dress which makes you stand out during the event. When buying the right one, you should consider the above eight important tips in mind. It’ll ensure you won’t end up wasting a lot of money on such an outfit. This is what you want at the end of the day.
About the Author
Isabella Rossellini is a marketing and communication expert. She also serves as a content developer with many years of experience. She has previously covered an extensive range of topics in her posts, including business and start-ups.
If you found this post helpful, please PIN IT!
Hi, before you go…
Don’t forget to join our Private Facebook page. The page is created to share your work, pitch your services and learn from one another.
If you enjoyed the blog we would like to have you join our email list and receive the weekly email of the latest blog post, tips, and exclusive content, you can join now!