Spring is here! For many, that means its time for spring cleaning. I like to open up windows to air out the house, cleaning closets, and just giving the home an overall cleaning. I like to rid it of the house of winter germs and let the fresh air start flowing through.
Here are 18 Spring Cleaning Hacks to make cleaning a breeze. Most of these items you already have in your kitchen or laundry room.
In the bathroom:
- Use a little rubbing alcohol on a soft cloth to remove hairspray from countertops and mirrors.
- To get your sink sparkling white, line with paper towels saturated with bleach. Wait 30 minutes, then rinse.
- Clean the bathroom after a shower. The steam loosens grime and makes it easier to clean.
- Dip cotton balls in bleach, stick them in each corner where there is stubborn mildew and let sit while you clean the other areas of the bathroom. When done, toss cotton balls and rinse the area, mildew should be gone.
- To clean a plastic shower curtain, spray it with laundry pre-wash spray along the top, letting it run down the curtain. Wait a couple of minutes and rinse clean.
- Wet a sponge with white vinegar and use it to remove soap fil from a glass shower door.
In the kitchen:
- Club soda is good for polishing kitchen countertops. Pour a little onto the countertop and polish with a soft cloth. It’s also good for removing stains from fabrics.
- To clean your microwave, put 1 cup water and 2 teaspoons of baking soda in a 4-cup microwave safe container. Microwave for 5 minutes, then wipe the inside of the microwave with a sponge or paper towel.
- Fill a cup with white vinegar and put it on the top rack of your dishwasher. Run dishwasher with nothing inside to remove soap film and deodorize.
- Get food smells out of your cutting board by cutting a lemon in half and rub the cut side over the surface of the cutting board.
- Tomato sauces stains on your plastic containers? Place them in a sunny spot (indoors or out) for a few hours and let the sun bleach out the stains.
- Does your dishwasher drain through your garbage disposal? If so, run the disposal as the hot soapy water is draining to give it a good cleaning.
The rest of the house:
- Use a used fabric-softener sheet(aka dryer sheets) to wipe blinds and TV screens. It will eliminate the static that makes them collect dust. In general, used dryer sheets make good dust cloths.
- Rub a little lemon juice on glass tabletops, dry with a paper towel, then polish with newspaper for a bright shine.
- Use a lint roller to clean lampshades. Just roll over the fabric and watch as the dust and dirt sticks to the lint roller.
- Place a paper towel or clean cloth on top of a candle wax spill and gently press a warm iron to lift the wax up.
- Slip your hands into an old pair of socks to clean mini blinds without having to take them down. Simply dip your hand into warm, soapy water and rub back and forth over the blinds to clean. Use the other hand to dry.
- Refresh and clean carpets by sprinkling baking soda on them before vacuuming.
Do you have a spring cleaning hack that you love? Share it in the comments.
If you include your Twitter or Instagram @username, I’ll share your tip and give you a shout out there.
About the Author
Content Creator + Manager
Jay is the Content Creator + Manager here at Life of Creed. She shares her adventures in homeschooling, traveling, beauty, mental health, fashion, product + music reviews, DIY, and more. She is also a blog coach + mompreneur consultant over at Jay Creed.